Behind the Lens
I don’t have a specific place I call home. But I truly believe that the places we’ve lived becomes apart of who we are. I was born in Taipei and grew up in Vancouver (BC, not Washington). Utah became my home during my college years and also the place I met my husband. Hawaii was where our first son was born and where I cultivated my love for seafood and the outdoors. Philadelphia made me fall in love with history and our second boy. Now, my family of five is on another adventure in the incredible desert of Las Vegas.
I first picked up a camera because I had finally given up after years and years of promising myself I would keep a diligent journal. My 10 year-old-journal has about 10 entries all dated January 1st. I finally accepted that journaling was not for me and that perhaps preserving memories through photos would be much more plausible. Thankfully, I was right, because now my family has terabytes and terabytes of beautiful photos to remember our good times by.
I want to document your family’s good times. Whether it be you and your fiancé about to start your life together, welcoming that long awaited angel baby into your arms, or candids of you and your grandparents reminiscing; I want to capture it all so you will remember how beautiful your life is. So get in the shot. Prove that you exist.
Now, some random facts about me:
- I love to eat and am a self-proclaimed foodie. If you love sushi and bubble tea, I think we’re going to get along just fine.
- Netflix and Hulu are my therapy at the end of a long day.
- I have 2 sisters (and my husband has 4 sisters). Now I am surrounded daily by 4 joke-telling, lego-loving, alway-hungry boys.
- Growing up, I competed in Irish dancing. Not to brag, but I won so. many. medals and awards. I still have all of them in a box somewhere.
- I grew up in Vancouver, but I have never been to a hockey game (shameful, I know).